Thursday, April 28, 2016
Hey friends. Well today at practice, not only did we get to have a little chit-chat with the coach about being at practice, but we also got a boat-load of criticism about the game yesterday. He pretty much pointed out all the mistakes we made and failed to acknowledge some of the good things we did. Then we went around the group and talked about things that happened during the game that we need to improve, and to be honest, no matter what you say during these little discussions we have, it just goes through everyone's ear and out the other. Another thing is that we spend waaay too much talking about than actually incorporating it into our practice. I would rather go and practice and work on things I need to improve instead of having someone sit me down and tell me over and over again that I need to do it.
We've missed a few players too, more specifically, 2 of our outfielders and one of our second basemen. Alecia, a right fielder, was on a trip with a club she's in. Yami, a left fielder, got a concussion from the game yesterday because our first baseman accidentaly pitched a ball into the dugout when she was warming up for pitching and it hit Yami on the head. Sara, a second baseman, was working on a calculus project, something having to do with a music video.
Hopefully whatever we discussed will be used in the game we have against Enloe on Friday. Everyone is pretty much confident that we'll win, but one thing my mom told me was to never get too confident and cocky. Even though I knew what to expect from Enloe, I made sure to not rule out the possibility that they could have a different, better pitcher this time around.
-Nia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment