Hey guys! I forgot to mention that we played our last game yesterday against Middle Creek. Now that game was one of the best games we've had all season. It was a really close game and both teams were putting in the work to take the win. We lost but we put up a really good fight. We held the team for a couple innings, we didn't make many mistakes, and we kept a positive attitude throughout the game.
We have a banquet in a few weeks with the Varsity team. The banquets are just about recognizing the players on both teams, saying a special goodbye to our seniors, and awarding our best athletes. Saying goodbye to the seniors is always emotional for us because it's finally hitting us that they won't be here to play next season. I wish I could've played with this senior class especially because they all inspire me in some way whether it's to throw faster or hit harder. There's also food, which is the best part. After that, the coaches say a few words, we take pictures and then it's over.
I'm really proud of this team and I'm honored to have the opportunity to play with these ladies and get to know them, they are truly amazing. I think this team was a lot closer than the JV team last year, though I do miss the former JV players dearly. I had a lot of fun with these crazy girls and I hope I get to see them play again in the near future. As for the ones trying out for Varsity next year, I hope we get a chance to play together on a higher level. Until next time!
-Nia
No comments:
Post a Comment