Tuesday, May 3, 2016

              Hey friends! So the game against Enloe was pretty...interesting. For one we did win; it was another shutout. But I was right about one thing: they had another pitcher. At first she seemed to be a bit better than their starting pitcher, but then she started walking us. Their starting pitcher played different positions too, first baseman and catcher. She appeared to be an essential player to the team since she played both positions pretty well.

               If there's one thing I know about Enloe's team, it's that they're way too cocky. Especially for a team on their level. They're a decent team, defensively and offensively, but their attitude and the way they present themselves is terrible. I've never heard a team brag about their players as much as they do. But saying stuff like, "Yeah, you got them lookin'!" just bothers me. I'm not looking at you because I'm impressed, I'm looking to see 1. the way you hit and 2. how hard you hit. I'm preparing myself for when you come up to bat. I'm not impressed by grounders and pop-flies cause I know my team can easily put those into play. I'm impressed by line drives and home runs. Grounders and pop-flies are easy outs to me.

               The good news is that I don't have to listen to them brag until next season. The bad news is that I have to listen to them brag next season, but "you do what you got to do so you can do what you want to do." -Jimmy Johns.

               Yes, I quoted a sandwich shop.
                                                                                                                                -Nia

No comments:

Post a Comment