Wednesday, May 11, 2016

                 Happy Wednesday guys! Almost to the weekend. So today we have at game against Panther Creek and it's an away game. I'm pretty nervous since the last time we played them we didn't do so well. Panther Creek is one tough team and the scariest part about their team's record is that they beat Apex High's softball team. We played Apex last season twice and both games were REALLY bad for us. The first time we played them the score was 11-0 and the second game was 14-1. Apex was just that good. So knowing that Panther Creek beat Apex 8-7 I think, the returning JV softball players who play Apex last season were pretty shaken.

                 I'm hoping that we put up a fight this time and don't give up too easily. It honestly makes me upset when we throw in the towel too soon because the other team gets a big lead on us, the pitcher on the other team pitches fast, or the coach says something that makes the team feel bad because I know my team, and I know what we're capable of, we just need to stop shutting down when times are tough. If we're losing, it doesn't matter if by 1 run or 10, that should motivate us to play harder to make a good comeback. If coach is saying something we don't like, we should block him out and continue to encourage each other to keep the team going. It bothers me so much that the girls let things get to them and they get discourage when i know they have what it takes to be a good team that doesn't go down without a fight.

                One thing I know to be true about any softball team is that they don't play their hardest until the last couple of games in the season. I don't know what it is, but for some reason, when the last few games roll in, the girls have some sort of goal to either destroy the team or give them a run for their money. I only wished that my team would play like this all the time.

                                                                                                                                   -Nia

No comments:

Post a Comment