Hey guys! So since the season is over for both teams, I thought maybe I could talk about the senior Varsity players just to show you how much of an inspiration they are to not only me but for the rest of the JV team. These 4 are some remarkable girls and I can't wait to see where life takes them in the future.
Katie Thomas, third baseman and probably the most scariest girl I've ever met. When I first met her last year during softball workouts I was immediately intimidated by her but I also admire her sense of humor and leadership. She's an amazing third baseman. Last year one of the coaches was talking about how crazy she was and said, "She's fearless. She'll get right up in the batter's face, maybe 3 feet away from them, and start yelling in their face." That was my favorite impression of her: crazy chick who got all up in your face to psych you out when batting.
I remember one time early in the season, I got a first-hand experience of how intimidating this girl is. The JV team had to practice with the Varsity team and the younger girls had to run the bases while the older girls took the field and the coaches hit the balls. I was on third base when Katie got the ball. I knew she was not one to steal on so I didn't step off the base. She looked at me to make sure I wouldn't run and it felt as if she was staring into my soul because I felt a chill go through my body. I felt like a deer in headlights, I was so scared.
She was also an all-state player. I don't know what that means exactly but it sounds cool. She's tied for the conference's top batting average at .533 and has hit over .385 for her career. She hit over 31 runs. She's also 9th for most runs scored with 18. Those numbers are amazing. She inspires me to be just as fearless as she was and maybe be just a little bit crazy.
-Nia
No comments:
Post a Comment